Monday, March 7, 2011

iPods get some Fresh Air!

Well, can you guess what happened to me today?  I was walking back to the library just now when I saw a very interesting sight...

The gardens were full of year 3 people brandishing their little silver treasures.  The students were in groups of three, excitedly discussing the plants in the gardens, pointing out their features and taking photos of what they could see.  Miss Sams tells me they are going to share their photos back in class and discuss what they noticed about the plants.  They will take plant photos from different areas of the school and discuss any differences they find in the plants there.  What wonderful little detectives!  I can't wait to hear what they have to tell us about plants.

2 comments:

  1. 3F think that the children did a really good job taking the photos of the plants. We would love to see their work when they are finished. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know that 2L were also looking at the plants around our school the other day. We were trying to find different types of leaves to do leaf rubbings. Did you find the plant with furry leaves?

    My class camera always has flat batteries - I'll need to get a 3S kid-teacher to show me how to use the i-pods as a camera instead! I didn't even know you could do that. Now don't laugh but did you know that I've never even used an i-pod before. Now that you guys are becoming the experts I'll expect a few lessons!

    Looking forward to reading about your next adventures - have fun, keep learning cool things that YOU can teach ME!!

    ReplyDelete