Friday, October 7, 2011

Becoming an app expert



On Thursday, different groups in 3B got to explore a new app each and to become mini experts on these apps. The apps the class explored were PS Express, Type Drawing, Finger Paint and Doodle buddy. Here are some of our thoughts about these apps.

PS Express - This app is one you would use to customise a photo. This means you can add colours, styles and other features to a photo.

Emerson thought this app was cool because you can make the picture's rainbow coloured. Finn discovered you can make the photos sparkle, Meg liked how you could change the photo into what looks like a sketch and Joshua found out you could make a photo look like an olden day photo and put it into a frame.

Type Drawing - This app is a word doodling app, where you can make picture patterns with words.

Hannah didn't find this app as much fun as other apps she has used, Jacob found out he could adjust the font and text, Simon found you could change the design that you draw, Tahlia discovered she could c
hange the colours of the font, Jack found out you could change the way the images looks. Lucy
was away and is going to try this app out next week.

Finger Paint - This app is a drawing app.
Luke found out he could change all of the colours, Maia and Noah liked how you could change all of the different effects, for example fur, lines or squares. Daniel liked how he could sketch using the app, Alex found out how to do lots of different things with this app and wrote some great instructions.

Doodle Buddy - This app is for altering an image or photo to
make it look funny and interesting.

Celeste liked how you could put cute stickers onto photos, Pat and Zacharie liked how you could draw an image and then use a sticker to change the image, Axelle enjoyed how she could get an image and smudge it with chalk and stickers, Andrew and Lucinda found out that the stickers could make a noise after you had applied them.

Next week, the children are going to share their expert knowledge about their app with other groups in the
class.



17 comments:

  1. Hi 3F your post was AMAZING!! because there was alot of detail in your post. Emerson, Hannah, Luke, Maia, Noah, Finn, Meg, Joshua, Jacob, Simon, Tahlia, Jack, Lucy, Daniel, Alex, Celeste, Pat, Zac, Axelle, Andrew and Lucinda thank you for sharing your thoughts about the iPod apps. by Lara King

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi 3Blue I really enjoyed your Blog post it looked a lot of fun I hope our class can do it soon. from Lara G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi 3b I liked the way Matina was divided into four in colours From Finn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is fantastic year 3 - you are saving me a big job by reviewing apps like this. What a helpful activity! I wonder if you could find the best drawing app ever and tell me what makes it so great...? Drawing and photo apps are so useful, don't you think? You can tell a story and explain things so well using pictures - especially when you can change them and add to them like you can with Doodle Buddy. I just love reading shape poems when they're created with TypeDrawing too. Thanks for finding such great apps and telling us about them. It's important to hear the not-so-good things as well - this shows you are being critical in your thinking and considering all points of view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think to celebrate the end of our trial we should bring in a gold coin and play apps on the ipod all day.The gold coins could be for a fund raiser for our school or for the Canberra trips. We can play games on them all day and then we could write down which was our most favourite one and why. Our class hasn't done any of these new apps yet. from Luca C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks 3Blue for those ideas. I'm looking forward to using the doodle buddy app -sounds like fun! from Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Ps Express because you can make people different colours.Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi 3b, I like the sound of PS express. I've asked my mum to add onto our ipod and ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi 3B [my class] I saw my face on the blog thanks to the person who did that. I might get PS express on my ipod touch so that I could take photos of my sister and make the photos look colorful.Got to go my mum's calling out to me.Bye for now Matina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to using the PS Express app as I like taking photos and would like to have fun customising the photos. I know that 3W will enjoy using this app and we look forward to telling you about our experience. Aidan Q

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like 3Bs photos they are nice. especially Matinas photos they look cool. excellent stuff. from Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like it because you can make pictures look old fashioned.:)miggy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used the Ipod to take pictures of angles. We had to order the angles from biggest to smallest using the photos. You had to tap on the photos to order them and you could make voice recordings. I kept getting stuck on the items, I didn't like that.Luca C.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi 3b I like how Celeste could put stickers on the photos and how you could draw on it in different colours. Finn B

    ReplyDelete
  15. People have posted extraordinary pictures of what they have done. They are all fantastic!!! From Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have learnt so much from that.

    Noah

    ReplyDelete
  17. i liked it because the dice made sounds when you rolled it.8}MIGGY

    ReplyDelete