Friday, September 2, 2011

Story Cubes

This week as part of our literacy rotations we used an app called story cubes. To use the app you need to shake the I-pod. When you shake the I-pod it rolls the dice on the screen. The dice on the screen have different pictures on them. Once we rolled the dice we used the pictures to write a story.


Trista liked the app because she could see the pictures then write about them. Blake agrees with Trista and he liked the app because he could be creative and write a story.

Lauren liked the app because she got to shake the I-pod. Most apps that we use work by touching the screen but story cubes works in a different way.

Beau and Aiden both didn’t like the app because they thought they didn’t get to use the I-pod enough during our literacy rotation time.

This app has helped us with our writing because we have had to think of words to describe the pictures which were on the dice. This allowed us to practice our descriptive writing



17 comments:

  1. story cubes was lots of fun Jack McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi 3Blue I have not used this app before but I am going to this week and I can't wait to use this app. I like the post you sent because of the picture but there's not enough. Trista, Blake, Lauren, Beau and Aiden thank you for sharing your feelings about the iPod app/game. Lara King YEAR 3 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Story cubes because you have to keep on shaking until you find the cubes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,3O I like story cubes because it is fun to shake the ipod.I also like that you can make up a story by useing the picures on the cubes.Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite part of Story Cubes was when I shook the dice and it made a cool sound to it. I learnt to write a wizard story. I used a few describing words.
    By Nina 3-Orange

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked story cubes because you can make cool storiys.miggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked in story cubes where you create a story using the pictures on the ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked story cubes.It is useful in story writing.The pictures help you.I wish you could just change one dice only. by andre

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked story cubes because it helps you when you don't know what to write

    ReplyDelete
  10. that was by Tahlia...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked using this app because Story cubes helped me make my own story.

    Nina 3-Orange

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi 3s,did you like 'Story cubes'?I loved it because it would bring up cool pitchers and you would have to make up a story.See ya,got to do more homework.By.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like using the ipods because you can click and touch the apps which is fun. I like opposite ocean because you match the opposites.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the sound of story cubes.The good thing about stoty cubes is that you can use your imagination and the way the cubes land to make a story.Bye for now Matina !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. During Maths rotations, I took photos of angles. Then I removed my photos into Sonic pics. I liked Sonic pics because I can record my voice. What I learnt about Sonic pics is that it is a great app to use because I can record my voice and listen to it.
    Nina 3S :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. In money group this week i am still working on my maths booklet. I think it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. In angeles this week today we took pictures of angeles around the school.

    ReplyDelete