Friday, May 20, 2011

Using Ipods in Literacy Rotations

This term 3S is going to be using the Ipods differently to last term. We will be using the Ipods in our literacy rotations rather than in science, religion and history.

This week in our literacy rotations we worked in groups of 6 and explored some of the different literacy apps on the Ipods. Here is what we think about some of the apps we explored:

Shapes
Shapes is an app where you have to guess the shape of an animal and put it together like a puzzle.
• Bri said that it was fun putting the puzzle together
• Miggy like the app because he could learn about the shape of animals
• Ryan didn’t like this app because he thought it was to easy and it was not challenging
Members of 3S thinks this app can help them learn new shapes and sizes of shapes.


Chicktionary
Chicktionary is an app where you are given letters and you have to make as many words with the letters as you can in the time limit.
• Peta said it was a fun app because you can spell out the words
• Sean liked the noises which the app made
• Bri thought that some of the words were to easy in the app
• Ryan on the other hand thought that some of the words were tricky
Chicktionary can help us to learn by showing the user different words and how to spell them.

8 comments:

  1. Can other games help 3S learn in class?from Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the ipod's can help me learn in literacy games. Trista.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is miggy and I like chickenary because it teachers me new words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In 3F, we haven't tried chicktionary yet, but we are looking forward to playing it some day. It sounds like it is really fun.

    Some children have played shapes and most think it is pretty easy but it can be used to learn how to spell the names of the shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mig pig i like chickenery because the sounds are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shapes. Alicia says I like shapes because it is a puzzle and I like puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the puppet pals because I can pick two characters and choose one background.I can record my voice on the i-pod.It was fun to use and helped me learned about limericks.Nina S. 3-S class

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like using Type drawing because when I type a title,it will draw when I draw a picture of the title of my drawing.I liked it because it's colourful and I found it easy to use. By Nina:) 3-S

    ReplyDelete