Friday, August 12, 2011

Old School vs New School

This week in our literacy rotations we did the same activity twice. We did this to find out which way we liked doing the activity. We used books to find and write lists of nous, verbs and adjectives. We did the same activity using the I-pods but we used e-books instead.

Blake liked using the I-pods because the I-pod would read him the story and he could listen and write down his list of nous, verbs and adjectives.

Noah enjoyed the activity on the I-pods better because he had a choice of the I-pod reading the book to him or he could read it himself.

Trista and Laruen both liked when reading a book on the I-pod you wouldn’t miss a page.

Matt thought the activity was better when reading a book. Matt likes being able to turn the page himself and he thinks books are better for his eyes.

Ryan enjoyed using the books more than the I-pod because on the I-pod you have to search for a book and that is a waste of time.

Emma found using the I-pods hard because her i-pod was unreliable and thought it would be easier to use a book.





11 comments:

  1. Old School v New School? I wish i had some of the great things you guys get these days.

    Mr Leeson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi 3S I thought your post was fantastic because of the colour and the pictures were fantastic as well. Blake, Noah, Trista, Ryan, Laruen, Matt and Emma thank you for sharing your feelings about the iPod game.by Lara.K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like everything we do on the ipods!

    By Lauren F

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like everything we do on the ipods.

    By Lauren F

    ReplyDelete
  5. This morning,I learnt an app called Story Cubs. I liked the app because I can shake the dice and make a story. It helped me learn by making a story and it was fun.
    By Nina 3S :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked story cubes I liked how you had to make a story using the cubes my favourite part was when you shake the cubes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this because you get read to by the ipod.
    :)miggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think story cubes is really fun because when you shake the iPod it vibrates a lot. from Sean:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi 3s.What did you like about doing the activitys?I know I would like doing it on the iPods, the same reason you liked doing it on the iPods.See ya, gota do more homework.By.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like old school because it is way more challenging.Sean:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think story cubes is cool because it helps your righting alot

    ReplyDelete